To encourage and support a wide range of boating activities, and to provide and maintain a suitable clubhouse and associated facilities for the recreational and social use of its members.
The Jackson Park Yacht Club is a year-round private yacht club providing programs for its members, their families and their guests. JPYC supports and endorses boating, boating education and dining and provides social and recreational amenities that satisfy its membership. JPYC is family oriented and maintains an inviting atmosphere. We encourage members to entertain their family, friends and associates at the clubhouse.
Goals and Objectives
• Promote open, attentive and responsive Bridge and club management.
• Govern and manage the club in a manner that is fiscally responsible.
• Employ superior professional club management and promote an environment where members will treat club employees with dignity and respect.
• Maintain a continuous strategic planning process ensuring membership and management involvement that best meets the club’s vision.
• Maintain a facility that meets the club's needs for storing member boats, hosting regattas, and promoting its junior and adult programs of skill development and boating safety.
• Maintain a full membership.
• Support a volunteer committee structure and nurture candidates for the Bridge and Board.
• Establish and nurture qualified reciprocal club relationships.
• Promote JPYC sailors in local, national and international regattas.
• Encourage and support active member participation in JPYC sponsored local and long distance cruising events.
• Foster the Jackson Park Yacht Club Foundation.
• Nurture relationships within the community.
Join Jackson Park Yacht Club to enhance your boating fun by participating in the social events planned by JPYC and the amenities our clubhouse offers.
CHICAGO, IL 41.46.50 | 87.34.42
6400 South Promontory Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60649
41.46.50 | 87.34.42
©2017Jackson Park Yacht Club. All rights reserved. No part of this site may be used without written permission.
R Delacy Peters, Jr Commodore
Issac Stanley, Rear-Commodore
Tyra Taylor, Recording Secretary
Talayah Stovall, Membership Secretary
Rita Harris, Treasurer